Oh, hello there! There was once a time where I blogged every event I went to, every trip I took. Well, these are not the same times. These are times of busyness, and lots of food, and more writing (although not here) and more friends, and more adventures.
So here’s a roundup of things that have happened that I haven’t written about, and may not write about, but that happened:
- Went to the HEB Food Truck Face Off and tasted some delicious food from the DUK Truck, Where Ya At and Johnny Hernandez’s catering company. It was yummy, and HEB gifted me a cool dutch oven and goodies to take home. Read Average Joe’s recap of it.
- Went to the SA Cellar Classic Grand Tasting on Saturday, after winning tickets from Yelp! I neglected to take photos, but had one taken by the San Antonio Current with John and fellow Yelper Ardella. Proof I’m always telling John that I am very important and know many people, and he laughs at me, until we go to events and I know 14 people there.
- The Brooklynite opened, and I was there. So was everyone else cool in San Antonio. Why weren’t you there? I have no idea. You’re cool too, right?
- I went to Napa and Sonoma and San Francisco like a month ago and have yet to blog about any of it. I ate and drank all the things, and climbed up steep hills, and enjoyed beautiful weather, and drank the wines. It was glorious, and aspects of it deserve their own posts, so we will leave that for another time. I PROMISE.
- I went to the Dos Equis Most Interesting Academy. It was CRAY, y’all. I can’t even describe how bizarre and awesome it was. I saw a log rolling competition, quicksand, edible bugs, fencing, people on stilts, dancing, falcons, burlesque sketching, collage making, henna tattoos, and a barber shop. I also ate an eight-course meal and saw Girl in a Coma. Crazy! Average Joe took better notes than I did, so read his recap.
- I cooked with Waspy Redhead. But you knew that.
Do you feel caught up? I hope so. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram as ohmypuddin to find out what I’m up to and what I’m eating. I tweet and Instagram lots of things I don’t put here. I also write Chisme y Chicle for the San Antonio Current every week.